Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Doldrums

I know it's technically not summer yet but already we've settled down into the summer doldrums. Tom wakes up every morning, stumbles into the shower, settles down on the couch and studies all day. Yes, ALL day. He's usually done around 9 or 10 at night--and sometimes later. Constance wakes up at 8 am sharp and signals the beginning of the day with lots of squawking and squeaking. She takes a nap anywhere from noon to three and goes to bed at night anywhere between 9 and 11 pm. If I've learned anything this past week it is that you do not try and argue with Constance's inscrutable internal clock. Try and put her to bed an hour or 5 minutes before she is ready and she will fight and squirm and kick and whine and cry even if I've done the whole bedtime settling down routine. This baby goes to sleep when she decides she wants to go to sleep.

Every day I try to pack one extra box, keep the house reasonably orderly and the cookie jar stocked, and make sure Constance is getting what she needs. The fans run 24/7. Every day is about the same as any other. It's the summer doldrums.

I keep collecting funny pictures of Constance enjoying new foods. Here are some of my favorites:
 Peaches - first bite

 Peaches - after I surrendered the spoon

 Cucumber - "chewing" on a little sliver

 Green Beans - 1st bite

 The green bean monster!!!!

Boring squash

No comments:

Post a Comment