Sunday, October 26, 2014

The One Is Silver and the Other Is Gold

You know the saying: "Buy new vehicles but keep the old. The one is silver and the other is gold."

Or something similar.

That's what finally happened to us. Of course the two weeks preceding this wonderful miracle were some of the hardest in our experience as a one-car family. There was one week where I wasn't sure if I would ever get the car to run errands and escape our wonderful house.

I'm actually just fine staying at home most days. Constance gets a little out of control though.

We were originally going to get Tom the cheapest car possible that would run and not break down on his way to court. Tom's dad found us an older Toyota Corolla for a very decent price. But then my dad kinda sorta freaked out and sent us some money so that we could buy an extended cab Ford truck (his recommendation for a reliable family car).

I read his letter, rolled my eyes, and asked the auto broker to find us a Toyota Highlander.

That process took longer than I was hoping and in the meantime I was biting my nails and being extremely grumpy. (Just take a look at the previous post)

I didn't realize how hard it was to find a Highlander in our budget and with a 3rd row seat. Apparently, these cars are extremely scarce because everyone wants them--they are the top-rated small SUV, after all.

But he finally found us one.

And it has leather seats!

Heated leather seats.

Also, it is silver (my favorite color for a car).

And it is a 2007.

Tom really likes the idea of heated leather seats. I'm just really happy about the leather seats period. It will make clean up so much easier with kids in the car.

So now Constance and I can finally start going to park days, play dates, and toddler time at the library again.

Meanwhile, Tom can continue going to court, the DMV, the Social Security office, business meetings, and meetings with other attorneys--every place he's always wanted to go on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment