
This is a guest post from pater Lucis Constantiae. Today I gave Constance her first voice lesson. Shelsea handed her over to me when she got fussy to see if I could calm her down. After a few ineffective bouncies, I sat her down on the couch and began to sing Christmas songs in my horrible unprofessional style. I may be the lead singer in a screamo band, but that doesn't get me anywhere on the lullaby circuit. Anyways, very quickly Constance stopped crying and started to listen to her daddy. Then, she started trying to make sounds of her own. I would sing a few notes, and then she would follow. Then I would say something to her, and listen to her try and say something back. We also played the tongue game, where I would stick mine out, and then she would follow. Pretty impressive for a little girl who isn't even a month old yet. It was interesting to see her struggle to vocalize. At this point, she simply exhales and tries to shape her mouth so as to make sounds. I look forward to the future when we can have even more sophisticated conversations.
No comments:
Post a Comment