Saturday, October 20, 2012

First Week at Home

It's been about one week into my leave of absence from work, and let me just say that I've really been enjoying the break. Of course there are things I miss about the office (especially all of my work friends) but there are just some things that you can't accomplish with the type of job I had. Here's what I did in just a week's time:

- Cleaned parts of the house that have not been cleaned in ages. Now the hairballs are off the bathroom floor and our house smells good too!
- Folded all the laundry.
- Finished up the baby shopping so if baby boo decides to come tomorrow, we actually have the safety, diaper, and clothing necessities for her.
- Put together the nursery, which included partially reorganizing the band room.

Tom initially wanted this for the baby room (notice the really nice columns)
 But unfortunately, his thrifty, pragmatic wife came back from Target with this. 
It's definitely not as impressive but the size and mobility (and price) works quite well for the amount of space we have available.


- Bought items for our "baby food storage."
- Cleaned and organized the food shelves.
- Started putting together the hospital bag.
- Vacuumed and cleaned my car--that ugly stain on the passenger seat has been removed!
- Picked up on my editing project for BYU
- Played the piano . . . after the several-month hiatus
- Started reading Invisible Man
 
. . . . oh yeah, and started this blog

At the end of the day I'm no longer crying or ranting about some inane conference call or situation at work. Work nowadays consists of me sitting on the couch in my comfy clothes, verifying source entries for a comprehensive bibliography on Maimonides while watching Japanese movies on Netflix. Hopefully I will have some additional editing projects soon.

I'm honestly really glad I had my job during most of my pregnancy because, on the bright side, it kept me busy and got me outside of the house everyday. Also, I've gained experience in a lot of areas and I did get to travel for the company to places I probably would have never gone otherwise: Middlebury, Vermont; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Chicago, Illinois; Phoenix, Arizona. Hey, it's worth it when your hotel, food, and travel expenses are all paid for! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment