At the beginning of this year, Constance started piano lessons with Wendy Lambrech up in Monument.
She started by learning "Two Little Blackbirds" and now is almost through the circle of 5ths and has graduated from the Twinkle Variations. It's a very good thing that we are done with the different Twinkle Variations because I swear I have PTSD from when my mom made me play them over and over. Luckily, Constance's piano teacher moved her through them pretty quickly.Constance was a little unsure about everything. I don't think she really understood what "a recital" was because when it was her turn to go up and play her piece, she hung onto me and said that she didn't want to. She didn't actually seem nervous though so we watched the other kids go up and take their turns and then I happened to mention frozen yogurt if she went up and played her song and all of a sudden she was very excited to participate.
She played her piece perfectly with so much grace and poise. We were very proud of her.
After the recital was over, there were lots of pictures.
Ana wandered up to the front and got very upset when she noticed people weren't taking pictures of her. So her and I took a selfie.
Then it was time for food! In typical fashion, Constance ate all of the fruit on the plate and Ana went for the sausage and bacon.
We can't wait to see what this next year holds for our little pianist!








No comments:
Post a Comment