Friday, December 16, 2016

Seeing Santa

This month has been absolutely nuts! It feels like Tom and I have been working nonstop for weeks with all the medical reports due by the end of the year (we rotate between watching kids and working so neither of us is really working anywhere close to 40 hours each, but still . . . ). We worked an entire weekend. And one day I worked 8 hours straight from middle of the afternoon until late at night, which is very unusual for me since Tom is usually the one pulling the long hours while I manage the household.

Right smack dab in the middle of a crazy week, we decided enough was enough, and we took the entire morning off. Our friend Sariah, whom we haven't seen since the BYU days, was in town so we really wanted to meet for lunch. Besides there were some other things we needed to do with the kids, such as investigate a piano teacher in Monument and take the kids to see Santa at Bass Pro. So we threw responsibility out the window and took off.

Before we left on our morning adventures, Constance told us that she wanted an Elsa swimsuit and towel from Santa. But as soon as she got to Santa and sat on his lap, she lost all desire to talk. Santa had to deduce that since she was a girl she must want a doll.
Then both girls stared glumly at the camera while the light flashed. However, in the picture below that Tom took with his phone, they look slightly happy.
This was our first time taking the girls to see Santa. I have to say the drive up north to Bass Pro was worth it. The picture we got was free, and it came with a cute little frame. Also, there were fun activities for the kids to do after they saw Santa.

 But Ana wasn't too interested in those. Just beyond the play area, she saw what she really wanted . . .
 She had to get on each one.
 The bigger and brighter the better.
 I had to help her up on this last one, and she could barely get her little legs over the sides.
 Neither girl was very interested in the north pole. The creepy-looking elf didn't help.

 And then I got this adorable picture of Ana.
I didn't get any pictures of our other activities that day but they were all very enjoyable. It was nice to get out, though the minute I got home I opened up my laptop and was on a call with our boss about a new project that took me into the late hours of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Ana may be a daredevil in the making and luv the pic you caught of her. Looks like you are balancing working and parenting quite well..good job!!

    ReplyDelete