Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fun at the Fun Fest

Last Saturday, Constance and I went to the Fun Fest at Acacia Park in downtown Colorado Springs. They were opening up a new splash pad there at the park.
And you know how much Constance loooooves splash pads
and water
and getting wet.

Unfortunately, that morning was very cloudy and cool. So because of that, plus Constance's policy of avoiding water fountains at all costs, I didn't bother packing the swimsuit.

But I did bring her stroller, which was a good thing because the park was packed with people. There was no way I was going to let her walk around on her own and try to keep track of her by myself. Constance is the type that she will go off on her own and never look back and be completely fine until at some point I find her again.

Little Miss Independent.

It was a little hard finding things to interest a 1-year-old because a lot of the booths and activities were for older kids. But we did find a tent giving out watermelon and grape popsicles. So we waited in line and got one.
The watermelon part disappeared before I could get a picture.
 And then we found the tub with balls.
 Constance loved the balls.

 We stopped at the splash pad on the way out of the park. Constance ran around the fountain watching the other kids get cold and wet. She makes a good lifeguard. Although I don't know that she would risk getting herself wet in order to rescue anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment